Keto Blueberry Oatmeal
Keto Blueberry Oatmeal
This “Oatmeal” recipe is so full of flavor, I know it will be your go-to for low carb keto hot cereal from now on!
I developed this recipe with hormone balancing ingredients. You can swap out any ingredients if you like.
- Glass Container(for storage)
- Coffee bean grinder
Pre-prepare cereal mix:
- 2 cups sprouted rolled oats ALWAYS use organic, gluten free oats!
- 1 cup hemp hearts organic, hulled - omit if you are estrogen dominant
- 1 cup coconut flour organic
- 1/2 cup chia seeds organic
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds or flakes organic (you can use leftover shreds from making fresh coconut milk or buy shreds from your local market
- 1 tbsp ground dandelion root found in bulk spice area at your Sprouts farmers market or Natural Grocers
- 1 tbsp ground milk thistle seed found in bulk spice area at your Sprouts farmers market or Natural Grocers
- 1/4 cup organic sunflower seeds raw Optional: use pumpkin seeds as well
- 1/4 tsp monk fruit powder (tan powder) pure, no erythritol
- 1 tsp psylium powder Organic preferred
How To Cook:
- 1/3 cup keto cereal mix from the mix you made above
- 1/2 cup water filtered
- 1 tbsp frozen wild blueberries Wild Blueberries have 30% more nutrition
- 1/4 cup Redwood Hill goat kefir Use coconut yogurt or kefir for vegan version
- Prepare the mix. Add the first 10 ingredients, shake/mix well. Store in a air tight glass container. You can omit and ingredient in the mix if you cannot find it. For the dandelion root and milk thistle seeds, I buy them bulk at my local Sprouts Farmers Market and grind them to a fine powder with an inexpensive coffee grinder I found for under $20 on Amazon. Make sure your coconut shreds(if you use the leftovers from making coconut milk) is toasted in the oven to kill any bacteria that may grow in the jar. Store bought shreds or flakes are safe and can be used without toasting.
Step 2 - Let's make breakfast!
- Add mix, water and blueberries in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Stir gently and add kefir. Serve Hot!
- You can add any fruit really, but blueberries are super good for your kidneys, high blood pressure, your heart and immunity. Adding higher sugar fruits like apples or bananas are ok, but tend to add more carbs and can set your body in a glucose state first thing in the morning. If you have blood sugar issues, add a pinch of cinnamon to help keep a healthy blood sugar balance.